This post contains affiliate links.
FATHER’S DAY GIFT GUIDE FOR THE DIY DAD!
Hey Friends! We are just days away from celebrating all those dad’s in our lives. I love my dad and step-dad dearly. But I never had a true understanding of their selfless love until I watched my husband become a daddy to a dirty-blonde headed little girl. She has every bit of him wrapped around her little finger. I always laugh and tell people that the most shocking thing about delivery was the over-abundant amount of love I felt for my husband…not the baby! Haha, well there was mad love for the baby, but I was expecting those emotions. I wasn’t expecting all the squishy, mushy, heart beating out of my chest love that I felt for Chris in the wee hours of the morning shortly after our little girl was born.
So when Father’s Day rolls around, I want to shower him with all our love and affections. This usually includes some arts and crafts, of which I’m not near crafty enough to create to share with you guys, and a practical gift. Because we are all about practicality around here when it comes to gift giving.
If you have a hard-working Dad, then I promise you’ll want to stick around for this loaded down gift guide for the DIY Dad!
- Collapsible Work Bench This multi-purpose workbench is the perfect gift for your DIY Dad, not only is it capable of handling all his projects, it collapses and can be stored away.
- Oscillating Multi-Tool This oscillating tool is one of my personal favorites. Its multi-purpose functions are great for small cut jobs or sanding. It comes with a set of attachments but there is so much more.
- Screwdriver Pocket Pen If I’m making a DIY gift basket, a marking tool of some kind is always making the list. This pen also serves as a screwdriver and a level. Three gifts in one, Dad will love you.
- The Tool Book Whether Dad takes this for bathroom reading material, or it adorns a shelf in his man cave, I love the function and styling of The Tool Book.
- Compact Drill No DIYer should ever be without a compact drill. Whether Dad is a seasoned pro or just getting started, a new drill is always going to bring a smile to his face. We love our Dewalt drill so I know he will too.
- Circular Saw On the subject of tools no DIYer should live without, mark down a circular saw. If he wants to do any sort of woodwork, a saw has to be in his tool repertoire.
- Contour Gage Duplicator Now this little gadget is something cool to have. If Dad does any sort of intricate cutting (like around a ledge or molding) then this little tool provides a shape for him to trace. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve failed by trying to use a pen and paper to trace a shape.
- Laser Measuring Tape If nifty gadgets are Dad’s thing, then he will love this laser tape measure. Ok, it’s not really tape, but it is a much quicker and more accurate version of the old-fashioned tape measure.
- Cordless Brad Nailer Nail guns are great, but a bit of a pain when you have to lug around an air compressor and hose to complete your jobs. These nifty battery powered brad nailers are just the thing for Dad this year.
- Assorted Hardware Finally, if you think Dad already has this what could I possibly get him…he could always use a new box of nails and screws to complete his next project. This is a totally safe bet.
I hope you find this gift guide for the DIY Dad helpful when trying to narrow down the gift options for dad this year. If you’re totally feeling lost, go with the assorted hardware, it’s a sure thing. (wink, wink)