How is it that May has come and gone? As usual, I’m here to recap my monthly One-Year Declutter Challenge prompt! This month we were tackling kitchen cabinets. I’m sure if you are anything like me, and I like to think my readers are just a little bit like myself, then you have an overflowing, crammed tight, Tupperware cabinet. How is it that these little plastic beasts of necessity can become so cluttered!? I guess we will never know because this is the one space I am constantly organizing.
Since I’m always fighting this battle of plastic bowl chaos, I’ve become an expert at hunting down unique ideas to help tame the clutter. To switch things up just a bit, I wanted to share with you some of the most practical and useful tips I’ve come across. Here are five tips to tame the chaos of your kitchen cabinets.
Before we dive into these helpful tips, I wanted to remind you what our One-Year Declutter Challenge is all about. I crave a decluttered home, but I also have two kids that make those nice and cozy 30 day challenges unrealistic. So I’ve created a declutter challenge that you can do at your own pace. There will be one prompt each month, giving you 30 days to work at your own speed. Grab your Free Declutter Printable and jump in with us.
Easy Kitchen Cabinet Organization Tips
1. Many times, we have the cabinet real estate, but no way of really stacking our dishware without setting ourselves up for major catastrophe the first time we need that bottom dish. I love Melissa’s tips for using expandable shelves.
via Brown Dog Vintage
2. I clearly have a thing for Melissa’s, because Melissa from Thirty Something Super Mom shows us how to keep those lids organized with a lid holder.
via Thirty Something Super Mom
3. Need to tame those spice cabinets? I’ve loved how Diane has organized hers by flavor! Next time your making tacos, no searching around for the cumin in a sea of bottles, just grab the Mexican bin.
via An Extraordinary Day
4. Yall know my love of a good basket, so when I saw that Ola was using baskets to tame that Tupperware drawer, I was like “Genius right here!”
5. And if you’re feeling extra brave, here is a great tutorial for adding roll-out drawers and dividers in a cabinet. This task is still on my One Day To-Do list.
via Remodelando la Casa
Catch up on the first half of the year’s Declutter Challenge here One-Year Declutter Challenge